Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Katalina!

Today is the day my baby girl was born! Two years ago I went into the hospital pregnant. The doctor sliced my belly open and out came a baby! Her birth was actually the most traumatic birth of all my three babies. Firstly, for the obvious reason. The ex had left me when I was five months pregnant, and he wouldn't hold my hand whilst I was being sliced open. Then he took our children home with him that night, not to our home, but to the home that he was living in with the girl he left me for. Awesome.

Add to that the fact that when Katalina was born, she had water around her lungs. This is relatively common with c-section babies, but it was scary nonetheless. She had to spend 24 hours in the NICU, under an Oxygen box thing which pumped pure oxygen into her body. I guess this got rid of the fluid around her lungs.

HOWEVER, this being said, I think she is the one that I bonded the most with in the hospital. The ex didn't bring the babies a whole ton, and I was there for 4 days, and I spent most of the time just holding her. While I did that with my other babies, I had more people there all the time. With Kat, I had alot more alone time with her in the hospital, which was nice. SO, here is an Ode to Kat:











Her birthday this year was really fun. We actually celebrated on Sunday, but we got Ice Cream Cake, let her pick out a tree, and she got lots and lots of toys. Her favorites were the My Little Ponies and Barbies, because she gets to brush their hair. She also loved the shoes that I got her. They are the cute dress up ones in the picture above. She loves shoes!!! Today, I had to work, but still, Happy Birthday my sweet girl! I love you!

Rule of the Day: (stolen from Duane) On a babies birthday they are allowed to do pretty much whatever they want to (within reason).

Show and Tell for the day: Kat when she was about One and a half:

2 comments:

  1. Linds she is soooo cute. I loved all of the picutres. Way to turn a lemon into lemonade. You are amazing. Happy birthday Kat, and Linds I luff you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. doesn't seem like it was that long ago i was sleeping on your couch! :) crazy crazy

    ReplyDelete