Sunday, December 6, 2009

I Crochet like superwoman....if superwoman were to crochet...

Today I am going to discuss The Art of Crochet. I have never really known how to do anything super special. I could sing, but I was always very shy, so I didn't flaunt the fact that I could sing. I have never been especially artistic either. I would rather dance than paint, as movement is generally where my expression lies, not in "art". In fact, when I was in High School I took a sewing class, and failed miserably. I didn't actually fail the class, I just wasn't very good at the projects that I started. My pants that I made had to be turned into shorts by the teacher because I botched them so bad.

This all changed a few months ago when my Auntie Ann was visiting. And by a few months ago, I more mean about a year ago. She was making a blanket for the impending arrival of her first grandbaby, and she was making it by crochet. Watching her, it looked relatively easy, and I expressed my interest in learning. Being a good Aunt, she went and got me a book about how to crochet, some hooks, and some yarn. I had a hard time following the book, as I learn by seeing, so I decided to youtube crochet.

EXCELLENT IDEA. I found this amazing youtube channel called "The Art of Crochet By Teresa". She teaches all the beginning stitches, as well as other projects, such as hats, scarves, granny squares, and other stitches which can be used for blankets. So far, I have made three blankets, and a myriad of hats. Voila:

This is Ryley's Blanket (which took about six months)



This is one of the many hats I have made:



BOOM!

Rule of the Day: You can learn anything on youtube. For serious.

Show and Tell: The Art Of Crochet by Teresa's youtube channel

3 comments: