Saturday, December 5, 2009

I Failed!

Alright, alright, alright, alright. I know. I did NOT blog yesterday. I am sorry, I failed at life. Well. At least at blogging. HOW TYPICAL of me to blog for eight days in a row and then stop. Well, sorry. HOWEVER, I DO have an explanation! All week I was stressed about the test that I had to take for work, and yesterday I took it.

I got 100% on one of the tests, and 99% on the other test. So, I passed, and I still have a job. I was so relieved that I came home and ate ice cream and watched Monk. And, I didn't blog. I am sorry. I failed you all for a night.

Obviously though, I have not failed tonight. Tonight, we decorated the Christmas Tree, this was super fun, and also super stressful. You see, decorating the Christmas tree with the kids SOUNDS like a whole lot of fun, and it really is. However, what no one talks about is how frustrating it can also be. We have a really big tree this year, which is awesome, however, that just means more to decorate.

So, we went to Ikea today to get decorations. First off, EXCELLENT idea. We got red and silver decorations for the whole tree (my Mom and I were trying to be Martha Stuart and coordinate...just...you know...without the whole "jail" part of Martha Stuart...) and it did NOT cost very much at all. The babies were super excited about decorating the tree, Severian most of all. The problem was that Severian wanted to hang all the ornaments, including the ones that went on top of the tree, which was a problem because I didn't want him to be standing on the chair trying to hang ornaments on the tree. Ender was interested in hanging ornaments, but was much more interested in making sure that he had all the ornaments that Katlina wanted, and Katalina couldn't figure out how to hang the ornaments, so, she amused herself by bowling with the bigger ones. Quite an interesting night.

In the end Severian got to hang the ornaments he wanted, just so long as his feet stayed on the floor, Ender decided that he would hang multiple ornaments on the same branch and made quite an art project out of it, and Katalina bowled a perfect score, AND I even helped her hang her ornaments. And, my Mom got to hold me by the pants so that I could stand on the chair, and hang the ornaments on the very top of the tree. I was pretty sure I was going to fall right into the tree while doing that, I did not however.

Here is the finished product:



My Mom and I took video of the night, and I will put it up later once I have downloaded everything to the computer.

And that brings me to my rule of the day: when buying ornaments, ensure that they are shatterproof until your kids are of age. And I mean about 25 years old.

Show and Tell:


No comments:

Post a Comment