Sunday, December 13, 2009

Wassailing

I am sorry that I did not blog for two days.  I have no excuses other than laziness, and, for all of you who depend on my blog (cause I am SURE that you all do), I apologize. It seems that it is easier for me to blog when I have babies, and go to work, than when I have nothing to do all day but hang out.  I don't k now why.

Today, though, something amazing happened.  The doorbell rang at about 8:30 PM and no one in my house seemed to be rushing to answer it.  I am actually quite lucky that I heard it.  I ran to the door, wondering who on earth would be visiting us at such a late hour.  IT WAS CAROLERS! I opened the door, and was greeted by a very enthusiastic young man who said "Hi! We're your neighbors! We are here to sing to you!" And that they did! I suspect it was a singles ward group, or a young mens/womens activity from the local ward.  (For those of you who don't understand what I just said, it is a Utah thing, don't worry). Anyway, it was really neat, and it made me think of when I was about 19, and went out wassailing.

The only thing that was slightly sad was that I was the only one who got to enjoy the carolers! The babies were already all asleep, as they had not napped all day, and my Mom was asleep, and the brothers were doing their teenage boy things.  Nevertheless, it was still quite amazing. 

Yay for the Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment