Monday, December 7, 2009

The Naughty Spot

Raising children is always quite entertaining. Now, just one child can be a lot of fun, and you get a lot of great funny family stories with which you can embarrass said child with later during their adolescence. However, when you have three children, the whole dynamic gets even funnier.

My two babies, Ender and Katalina, are only a year and two weeks apart. This is really fun sometimes, and can also be really rough sometimes. They either try to annoy one another, OR, they think it is hilarious to team up and be devious. Today was a day where they decided to work together.

Everyday I drop Severian off at school around 8:15. I generally don't even try to get dressed and ready for this drop off, because I usually just come home and change while I have more time. Today was no exception. I dropped Severian off, came home, locked the babies securely in the front room using the puppy gate, and went to my room to change. I was not gone for more than three minutes. I am not even kidding. I walked back in the room, and I found the two babies sitting in the middle of this:



Notice the two little bum marks in the middle of the mess? While it was super funny after I stopped to think of it, I was NOT amused at the moment I walked into the room. Not only had they made a HUGE mess, they had dumped out two full bags of chips. Now, I don't know about your house, but in our house, chips are like gold. Highly coveted, and rarely found (mostly because the teenage brothers get into them before anyone else gets a chance). So, I put the babies in the naughty spot. Only then did I stop to think it was funny, and decide to get a picture of both the mess, and the consequence:



Notice, Kat thinks she is funny, while Ender knows that he is in trouble. You see, Katalina thinks she pretty much has everyone wrapped around her teeny tiny baby pinkie finger. And, for the most part she does. However, I am not afraid to naughty spot her when the time comes.

And, just as a last note, as I was sitting here typing this blog Severian and Ender came into my room to let me know that Katalina was doing something she shouldn't be doing. All of my children LOVE to tattle on each other, and this was a moment where Severian was very excited. This is how the conversation went, keep in mind, he was referencing her Build a Bear bear that she has:

"Mom, Katalina is doing something with her bear that she shouldn't be doing"
"What is she doing?"
"I can't even explain it, it is so bad you have to come see"
(Severian then takes my hand and starts leading me to their room)
"Mom, you will not believe what she is doing, it will be an Adams for sure"
(I didn't really know what this meant but I just went along with it. We got into her room, and I found that her pink Build a Bear had come undone at the back, and she was pulling all the stuffing out of it. Mind you, she was also sitting completely nekid in her crib)
I said, "Katalina Adams! No no!"
"See Mom, I knew it was an Adams"

Severian has called the times when you are in so much trouble that your last name gets used an "adams". I thought that was pretty funny.

So, the rule of the day is this: Chips may be safe for your kids to eat, but if you want to keep them around, do not put them where children can reach them. They will end up all over your kitchen floor. For serious.

Show and Tell: I love super nanny.

2 comments: